Mama Sita's way of cooking KARE-KARE using their MAMA SITA's KARE-KARE MIX already with PEANUTS.
Mama sita s peanut sauce
500 Gram (kare-kare mix)
250 Gram, cut into 1 12/ inch cubes
250 Gram, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
1 Teaspoon, minced
1 Medium, sliced
100 Gram (Pechay)
100 Gram, cut into 2 inch length
100 Gram, sliced into 1/2 inch thick (Pan fried)
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. Boil beef tripe and brisket in a large quantity of water, lower the heat and simmer until meat is very tender, adding water if needed, leaving about 1 ½ cups broth.
3. In a heavy saucepan, sauté garlic and onion in oil, add meat, stir fry and pour-in Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare Mix dissolved in a cup of water and then add the remaining broth.
4. Stir and simmer until sauce thickens and add eggplant and sitaw. Simmer for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add pechay (chinese cabbage) and simmer for two minutes until vegetables are cooked.
6. In a serving plate, serve hot with bagoong and rice.
Cooking Variation: Pressure cook 500g of oxtail in 3 cups (750ml) of water for 45 min and then proceed to step number 2 as mentioned in the direction.
This is part 2 of the kare kare recipe video series. The chef here provides step by step instructions to sauté eggplant for the final dish and also talks about some quick pointers to remember while making the stew. Seems to be a nice recipe watch part 3 to see how the final stew turns out.