Kare Kare Part 1 –Introduction
|Mama sita s peanut sauce||500 Gram (kare-kare mix)|
|Beef tripe||250 Gram, cit into 1 12/ inch cubes|
|Beef brisket||250 Gram, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Chinese cabbage||100 Gram (Pechay)|
|Green beans||100 Gram, cut into 2 inch length|
|Eggplant||100 Gram, sliced to 1/2 inch thick (Pan fried)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shrimp paste||1 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. Boil beef tripe and brisket in a large quantity of water, lower the heat and simmer until meat is very tender, adding water if needed, leaving about 1 ½ cups broth.
3. In a heavy saucepan, sauté garlic and onion in oil, add meat, stir fry and pour-in Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare Mix dissolved in a cup of water and then add the remaining broth.
4. Stir and simmer until sauce thickens and add eggplant and sitaw. Simmer for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add pechay (chinese cabbage) and simmer for two minutes until vegetables are cooked.
6. In a serving plate, serve hot with bagoong and rice.
Cooking Variation: Pressure cook 500g of oxtail in 3 cups (750ml) of water for 45 min and then proceed to step number 2 as mentioned in the direction.
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 80.4 mg26.8%
Sodium 715.1 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 6% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet