Mama Sita's way of cooking KARE-KARE using their MAMA SITA's KARE-KARE MIX already with PEANUTS.
Mama sita s peanut sauce
500 Gram (kare-kare mix)
250 Gram, cit into 1 12/ inch cubes
250 Gram, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
1 Teaspoon, minced
1 Medium, sliced
100 Gram (Pechay)
100 Gram, cut into 2 inch length
100 Gram, sliced to 1/2 inch thick (Pan fried)
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. Boil beef tripe and brisket in a large quantity of water, lower the heat and simmer until meat is very tender, adding water if needed, leaving about 1 ½ cups broth.
3. In a heavy saucepan, sauté garlic and onion in oil, add meat, stir fry and pour-in Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare Mix dissolved in a cup of water and then add the remaining broth.
4. Stir and simmer until sauce thickens and add eggplant and sitaw. Simmer for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add pechay (chinese cabbage) and simmer for two minutes until vegetables are cooked.
6. In a serving plate, serve hot with bagoong and rice.
Cooking Variation: Pressure cook 500g of oxtail in 3 cups (750ml) of water for 45 min and then proceed to step number 2 as mentioned in the direction.
Take a look at this video series to learn kare kare which is essentially a Filipino version of beef stew combined with some excellent flavors and thickened in peanut sauce. The chef has divided the entire preparation in 3 parts – In this part he gives some background about the dish and also showcases the ingredients that you will need. Do not miss out part 2 and 3 for complete recipe. All details in one single video could have helped follow the recipe easily.