Korean Yeolmu Mul Kimchi
|Baby napa cabbages||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Baby radishes||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Kosher salt||4 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||1 Medium, chop (into 1" pieces)|
|Chives||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chop (into 1" pieces)|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 Medium, slice|
|Ginger pieces||1 Medium, slice|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), slice|
|Apple||1 Small, slice|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1. Separate the greens from the white of the radish break or cut the green portion into 3 parts.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut the ends and scrape the dirt and skin of the white radish.
3. Rinse and set aside, cut the ends of the napa cabbage and wash it well, once done tear into bite size pieces.
4. Place the radish greens and whites and the napa cabbage in a clean basin.
5. Add kosher salt to the greens and massage it, leave them in the basin for half an hour to shrink.
6. Chop the green onions into 1 inch pieces and slice the white, chop the chives into 1 inch pieces, slice the jalapenos, ginger, garlic and apples.
7. Place everything in a container, set aside.
8. Wash and rinse the greens well in the basin with water to remove the excess salt.
9. Place the greens over the apples in the container.
10. In a bowl, prepare the brine by dissolving the salt and sugar in the water.
11. Pour the brine over the kimchi, cover and keep aside for 2-3 days.
12. After 2-3 days uncover and stir the vegetables, adjust the salt and water, if required.
13. Serve the Mul Kimchi along with your meal.
Calories 33 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.2 g0.3%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.16%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5733.3 mg238.9%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 0.92 g1.8%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet