|Green onions||5 Medium, chop|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, devein (cut into halve)|
|Pancake mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Korean pancake mix)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|For the dipping sauce|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Rice vineger||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. Separate the green and the white part, cut the white lengthwise strips and the green part into long and short pieces, finely chop some green onions as well, set aside.
2. Clean, shell and devein the shrimps, slice the shrimps into half, set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chopped green onion and sesame seeds, mix well and keep aside.
4. In a bowl combine the pancake mix with water, mix until you get a smooth batter.
5. In a warm shallow pan, add the oil, place the long pieces of the green onions, pour the batter and cook evenly on both the sides.
6. In the same warm shallow pan, add the oil, place the shrimp’s skin side down, pour over the batter and then place the short green onions; cook evenly on both the sides.
7. Serve the Korean Pajeon with the dipping sauce.
Calories 511 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.3%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 179.2 mg59.7%
Sodium 2085.8 mg86.9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 33 g65.2%
Vitamin A 40.1% Vitamin C 38%
Calcium 32.2% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet