Pajeon is a green version of the savory pancake. Try out the Korean Pajeon with the amazing flavours of shrimp and the green onion. Join James in his kitchen and see how he easily flips out the Pajeon.
5 Medium, chop
1⁄2 Pound, devein (cut into halve)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Korean pancake mix)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
2 Tablespoon, divided
For the dipping sauce
2 Tablespoon, finely chopped
1. Separate the green and the white part, cut the white lengthwise strips and the green part into long and short pieces, finely chop some green onions as well, set aside.
2. Clean, shell and devein the shrimps, slice the shrimps into half, set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chopped green onion and sesame seeds, mix well and keep aside.
4. In a bowl combine the pancake mix with water, mix until you get a smooth batter.
5. In a warm shallow pan, add the oil, place the long pieces of the green onions, pour the batter and cook evenly on both the sides.
6. In the same warm shallow pan, add the oil, place the shrimp’s skin side down, pour over the batter and then place the short green onions; cook evenly on both the sides.
7. Serve the Korean Pajeon with the dipping sauce.