Hoddeok is a delicious Korean snack street food stuffed with the sweet cinnamon flavoured walnut filling and a crip waffle crisp outer crust. Join James in his kitchen, see how to prepare Hoddeok yourself and enjoy!
7 1⁄2 Ounce
For the stuffing / filling
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Open the canned dough biscuits and place it in a plate allow it to rise for 30 minutes.
2. In the meantime in a bowl combine brown sugar, chopped walnuts and cinnamon.
3. After 30 minutes take one of the biscuit dough and stretch it out to form a circle.
4. Place a spoonful of the mixture place it in the center and bring the edges together towards the center and press to seal.
5. In a shallow pan pour oil; place the stuffed biscuits with the seamed side down.
6. Press well with the back of a spoon and cook evenly until golden brown on both the sides.
7. Once done place it on a kitchen towel to drain the excess oil
8. Serve the Korean Hoddeok along with a cup of hot tea.