Korean Fried Chicken Wings with Sticky Soy Sauce
|Chicken wings||1 Pound|
|Oil||300 Milliliter (For deep frying)|
|For the seasoning|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For the coating|
|Frying mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Korean Frying mix)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Rice syrup||4 Tablespoon|
|Ginger juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chili pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|For the garnish|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Rinse the wings in cold water, place in a large bowl.
2. Season well with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
3. In a plate combine frying mix with curry powder, black pepper and garlic powder, stir and set aside.
4. Preheat the deep fry to 325 - 330 degree F.
5. Coat the wing pieces with flour mixture.
6. Fry at 325 degree, until they change color, then remove and increase the temperature to 375 degrees and fry the second time until golden brown.
7. During second frying make the sauce. In a pan, heat soy sauce, rice syrup, ginger juice and chili pepper.
8. When it starts to boil add the wings and coat.
9. Once done transfer the chicken wings in a serving plate and sprinkle sesame seeds.
10. Serve the Fried Chicken Wings immediately.
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 43.1 mg14.4%
Sodium 1628.6 mg67.9%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 22 g43.9%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 22.2%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet