|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Pine nut||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for the cookie dough)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for the cookie dough)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (for the cookie dough)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, juiced (for the cookie dough)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the cookie dough)|
To make the dough :
1. In a large stainless bowl, place 2 cups of all purpose flour, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tbsp ginger juice and ½ cup water.
2. Knead the ingredients by hand for about 20 minutes or for about 2 minutes if you use a food processor.
3. Put the cookie dough in a plastic bag and set it aside at least for 30 minutes.
To prepare the cookie :
4. Chop 2 tablespoon of pine nuts to garnish the cookies and set aside.
5. Take the dough out from the plastic bag and roll it out with a rolling pin, into a roughly rectangular shape (about 50 cm x 40 cm, and 2 mm – or 1/16 inch - thick).
6. Cut the sheet of cookie dough into little 2 cm x 6 cm rectangles.
7. Put the leftover dough edges into a plastic bag to protect them from drying out.
8. Make 3 slits in the middle of each piece of dough.
9. Push one end of the dough through the center slit to a make ribbon shape.
10. Take the leftover dough out and spread it on the cutting board with the rolling pin.
11. Cut it into any of your favorite shapes such as triangles, squares, whatever – or use a cookie cutter.
12. Heat up vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan.
13. To check if oil is heated at right temperature put a sample of the cookie dough into the heated oil. The dough should float slowly on the surface of the heated oil.
To make the syrup :
14. Place ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water into a pot and bring to a boil over low heat for about 20 minutes. About half of the water should evaporate, so the syrup is nice and thick.
15. Turn the heat off and add 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder and stir it well.
16. Gently toss the cookies with the syrup to lightly coat them.
17. Sprinkle the chopped pine nuts on top of the cookies.
18. Serve it with tea.