Korean Fried Chicken or Seasoned chicken is a fried chicken dish prepared in Korean style. It is traditionally eaten as fast food, at bars, or as an after meal snack in Korea. Korean fried chickens are prepared in a way that removes the fat from the skin, resulting in a thin, crackly and almost transparent crust. The chicken is wonderfully spiced and flavoured with the hot pepper, honey, garlic and sake. Enjoy!!
Hot red pepper paste
2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)
1) Cut the chicken breasts into 1/2 inch cubes and place in a glass baking dish.
2) Add the 5 pinches salt, 4 dashes of black pepper,1 tbsp olive oil and mix with the chicken.
3) Then add 2 tbsp corn starch, coat the chiken well and set aside.
4) In a bowl, mix all the batter ingredients and keep aside.
5) In a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients except the sesame seeds.
6) Dip and coat the chicken with the batter and deep fry in heated oil, first until they are light golden. Remove and then fry again until golden brown in colour, drain well.
7) In a pan, simmer the sauce, add the fried chicken and stir well to coat. Also add the sesame seeds and mix well.
8) Serve immediately with the cooked rice and kimchi.
Please See Video My Videos and recipes are also available on youtube. Pls click here to check out the channel on youtube.
Long day at work got you down? Brighten up your evening with this lip smacking Korean delight. Usually eaten as an after meal snack or with beer, the crackly, crusty Korean chicken spiced and flavored with honey, pepper, garlic and sake truly makes for a heart-warming indulgence.