The flavor and smooth and creamy texture of this puree is so delicious I think you’ll find it to be a hit with kids of any age in your house.
Canned white beans
15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)
1 Large, unpeeled
1⁄2 , juiced (1/2 Tablespoon)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. Wash beet well and place with garlic clove on a sheet of foil. Bring up sides of foil and fold to make a packet leaving room for heat to circulate inside the packet containing the beet and garlic.
3. Bake for 45 minutes or until beet is tender when poked with a knife.
4. Remove skin off of the garlic and the beet (I use a zip lock bag on my hand and slip the skin off so my hand doesn’t turn red).
5. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
It’s difficult to make kids eat beet roots, so here is an interesting way of using beet in hummus which would make an attractive looking pink hummus. Weelicious host is making kids red beet and white bean hummus which is delicious and can be served with all kinds of foods. As she doesn’t, you too can make your child a part of the process and have some fun.