Chicharon Bituka are deep fried pig or cow intestine prepared similar to that of Chicharones or Pork Cracklings (Pork Rinds). This dish is usually served as an appetizer or “pulutan” and is best when accompanied with beer. Another popular chicharon intestine is the Chicharon Bulaklak.
2 Pound, well cleaned (From Pig Or Cow)
Dried bay leaves
3 Cup (48 tbs) (For Deep Frying)
1. Pour the water in a large pot and bring to a boil
2. Add 2 tbsp salt and vinegar then let boil for another 2 minutes
3. Place the intestine in the pot and wait until the liquid re-boils
4. Put-in the dried bay leaves and whole pepper corn then simmer for 40 minutes or until intestine is tender.
5. Remove the intestine from the pot then drain excess water
6. Cut the intestine according to desired length.
7. Sprinkle the remaining salt over the intestine. Make sure that it is evenly distrubuted over all the intestines.
8. In a separate pot/pan, pour the oil and heat until the temperature is good for frying
9. Deep fry the intestines. Make sure that the texture is crunchy before removing from the pot/pan
10. Serve with vinegar and chili pepper dip. Share and Enjoy!