Oriental Noodle Soup
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and diced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled and diced|
|Ginger root||3 Large (Remove After Cooking)|
|Green chili powder/Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice noodles||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Organic spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm), wash and chopped|
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 , diced (Red Orange/Yellow)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chopped|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon, pressed|
|Ume plum vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a large soup pot, add 3 quarts water.
2. Add the diced onion, garlic clove, ginger chunks.
3. Stir in 2 heaping tablespoons oregano, curry powder, cumin, green and/or red chili powder, red chili and dill weed and simmer for about ½ hour till ingredients are melded.
Turn off heat and add the fine rice noodles; break them up with your hands to make easier to eat. (if you use fine noodles they just need to soak in the hot broth and not cook.
4. Stir in spinach, bell pepper, cilantro, organic soy sauce, virgin olive oil, ume plum vinegar.
5. Sprinkle a little thinly sliced green onion.
6. Taste and serve with lime wedges and a fresh cucumber/seaweed salad, or fresh salad of your choice.
For more information please visit: http://www.caryellis.com/soup