Stock Soy Sauce For Deep Fried Peking Chicken
|Ginger root slice||3 (Fresh)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Mince scallion stalks and ginger root.
2. Heat oil. Add scallion and ginger; stir-fry a few times. Then stir in and heat joy sauce, sherry and water.
3. Add deep-fried chicken pieces and cook to heat through, turning once. Remove chicken to a warm platter.
4. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and remaining cold water to a paste.
5. Heat stock in a pan; then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.