Asian Style Sweet And Pungent Sauce
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Mince garlic. Slice, dice or sliver vegetables.
2. Combine sugar, vinegar, water and soy sauce.
3. Heat oil. Add garlic and stir-fry a few times. Add vegetables; stir-fry until slightly softened (2 to 3 minutes).
4. Add sugar-vinegar mixture. Stir in over medium heat to dissolve and heat through.
5. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and remaining cold water to a paste; then stir in to thicken. Pour over deep-fried meat or fish and serve.