|Well ripened peaches||3⁄4 Pound|
|White wine||1⁄2 Bottle (0.5 l)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe peaches||2 , sliced|
1. Bring water and sugar to a boil and let boil for a couple of minutes.
2. Remove pits from peaches and cut fruit in thin slices. Place in a large bowl. Pour warm sugared water over peach slices and let cool. Add wine. Let stand overnight.
3. Strain peaches and mix or puree with wine and syrup in a blender. Add lemon juice.
4. Place bowl infreezerfor 1 hour or until it starts to set. Remove from freezer at half hour intervals for three hours and beat rapidly each time.
5. After last whipping, serve frozen sherbet immediately in large wine glasses.
6. Top with whipped cream and fresh peach slices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1540 Calories from Fat 406
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.2%
Saturated Fat 27.8 g138.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.4 mg54.8%
Sodium 72.3 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 203 g67.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.7%
Sugars 175.3 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A 80% Vitamin C 150.5%
Calcium 20% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet