Grilled Lamb Kebabs
|Lamb without bones||1 Pound|
|Yellow onions||4 Small, quartered|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Black peppercorns||6 , crushed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl mix the ingredients of the marinade.
2. Cut the lamb into bite sized pieces and add to the bowl.
3. Marinade the meat for 1 hr
4. Take 4 skewers and lightly oil them.
5. Starting with onions, alternately arrange onion, meat and cherry tomatoes on each skewers. Finish off with a bay leaf.
6.Grill over fire for about 10-15 minutes. Turn often and brush with marinade.
7.Once the meat is tender, immediately remove the meat and vegetables on a serving platter and serve with a spicy relish.Bay leaves can be discarded.
You may choose to make the kebabs more attractive by using colored bell peppers along with tomatoes and onions. This also enhances the taste of the kebabs.
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.7%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.5 mg26.8%
Sodium 323 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.2%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 20 g39.4%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet