Oyster Sauce Mushrooms
|Dried black mushrooms||24|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mushroom soaking liquid||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oyster sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Soak dried mushrooms. Squeeze dry, reserving soaking liquid; cut off stem ends.
2. Blend cornstarch and cold beef stock to a paste.
3. In a saucepan, combine mushroom soaking liquid and mushrooms with remaining stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
4. Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon and transfer to a deep serving dish. Arrange caps decoratively in a circular pattern; keep warm.
5. Add oyster sauce and sherry to liquids in pan and heat through, stirring. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Pour sauce over mushrooms and serve.