|Pot cheese||5 Pound|
|Vanilla extract||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Mixed candied fruits||1⁄2 Pound|
|Blanched almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
1. Line a colander with cheesecloth and set it in a pan. Turn the cheese into it, cover with cloth and place a plate and heavy weight on top. Let stand in the refrigerator to drain eight hours.
2. Force the cheese through a food mill, coarse sieve or potato masher.
3. Beat the egg yolks until very light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and sugar and beat until well blended. Add the heavy cream and blend.
4. Melt the butter over low heat and cool to lukewarm. Add gradually to the yolk mixture and mix well. Add the candied fruits, nuts and cheese. Mix with a wooden spoon or the hands.
5. Line a paskha mold or flowerpot with doubled cheesecloth, dampen the cloth and add the cheese mixture. Stand the mold in a pan and refrigerate several hours. Turn out on a platter and decorate with colored candies and fresh flowers. If desired, dyed Easter eggs may be arranged around the base.