1. In a blender or mortar, put spring onions, garlic cloves, red chili pepper and black pepper. Blend them till coarsely done. Set aside.
2. Slit the inner side of the prawns and set aside.
3. Take the spring roll pastries, cut them diagonally to form large triangles. Set aside.
4. Take a pastry triangle. Place the prawn on the opposite side to the pointed end with the tail exposed. Spread a little garlic pepper mix over the prawn.
5. Roll the pastry sheet by folding one end over the prawn. Holding the prawn tightly roll the ends to form a cigar shape. Seal the end with the egg.
6. In a deep pan, heat oil on medium high. Once the oil is hot, place the prawns carefully and fry them till golden brown on all sides.
7. Transfer them onto a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
8. In a serving plate, serve the rolls with a dip of your choice.
Here is an amazing appetizer recipe for seafood buffs. In the video, chef is making prawn rolls using pastry rolls. For spice and flavor she uses freshly crushed garlic, chili and spring onions and adds a bit to it while wrapping prawns in pastry rolls. Her tips on making them perfectly only shows that she is a great cook with right skills. Definitely this dish is a must serve for special parties to entertain guests.