Soya Chunks/Meal Maker Curry/ Weight Loss / Indian High Protein Recipe
|Soya chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs) (mini)|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), chopped finely|
|Green chili||1 , oughly diced|
|Onion||2 , sliced|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Soak Soya Chunks for 20 mins, then boil for 5 mins in fresh water with salt. Rinse & Squeeze 5 times, keep aside in water.
2. In a pan, heat up ghee. Once hot, add in the mustard seeds, as they splutter, next goes in curry leaves, green chili and garlic.
3. Add in the sliced onions, season with salt and cook till golden.
4. Season well with Red Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala and Turmeric. Roast the spices well for a minute or two.
5. Turn off the flame, add in the smooth yogurt and place the lid.
6. After a minute, turn on the flame, add in coconut milk and soya chunks. Remember to squeeze out water from soya chunks before adding.
7. Pour in some water to the curry and boil away for 10-15 mins.
8. Serve Hot!
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.4%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g109%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.9 mg5.3%
Sodium 171.9 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.9%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 25 g50.1%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 34.7%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet