How to Cook Vegetable Korean Cold Noodles
|Buckwheat noodles||1 Packet (Korean)|
|English cucumber||1⁄2 , julienned|
|Apple||1 , julienned|
|Kimchi||To Taste, chopped finely|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, mince|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, mince|
|To prepare stock|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. First in a pot, add 6 cups of water, 1/2 of an onion, 2 stalks of scallions, 4 pieces of garlic, and boil it for 15 minutes. After the water is boiled, turn to low heat.
2. After 15 minutes, take out all the ingredients inside the pot. Add 1/2 of a cup of rice vinegar, 1/2 of a cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of salt, and mix well.
3. Taste the soup and see if you like it. Chill the soup in a refrigerator.
4. To boil the noodles, boil water in a pot, cook the noodles for 20 seconds. Take the noodles out and drain with cold water.
5. Serve the noodles in a bowl, top with julienned cucumber, julienned apple, chopped kimchi, minced scallions, and cilantro.
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3761 mg156.7%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 60.6 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 4% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet