Korean BBQ Short Ribs
|Flanken style short ribs||3 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rice wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Asian pear||1 , quartered and cored|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Jarred kalbi||3 Tablespoon (Korean BBQ marinade)|
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, rice wine, sesame oil, black pepper, cayenne, sesame seeds and mix well.
- In a food processor, combine onion, garlic, pear, ginger and process until smooth.
- Mix into sauce mixture and add water.
- Combine ribs and marinade mixture in a zip lock bag.
- Refrigerate the zip lock bag for at least 8 hours to overnight.
- Place on grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until done.
- Baste with kalbi frequently.
- Serve and enjoy!
Zip lock bag
Calories 691 Calories from Fat 531
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.6%
Saturated Fat 24.9 g124.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.7 mg39.6%
Sodium 652.9 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 24 g47.8%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet