Spicy Peanut Chicken and Ramen Noodles
|Chicken tenders||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into small bite size pieces|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Red pepper||1 , diced|
|Celery stalks||2 , diced|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh grated ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sriracha sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted salted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ramen noodle||2 Packet (hot and spicy ramen noodles used)|
1. Whisk together the garlic, ginger, honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, vineagar, Siracha and sesame oil. Set aside.
2. Lightly sprinkle the chicken tenders with about 1 tsp of the spicy broth flavouring mix from the Ramen package.
3. In a large non-stick pan misted with olive oil or cooking spray, saute the chicken tenders until cooked through.
4. Add the green onions, celery, and red pepper and continue to saute another minute or two until the veggies are beginning to soften.
5. Put the rest of the flavouring package for the Ramen into a large pot of water and bring it to the boil. Add the Ramen noodles and cook just until they begin to pull apart (about 1 minute max) and then immediately drain.
6. Place the noodles back into the wok and gently toss into the chicken, veggies and sauce (if the sauce has cooled bring the heat back up but don't bring to the boil because you don't want to over cook the noodles.
7. Add the peanuts and cilantro and serve in large bowls.
Calories 1099 Calories from Fat 677
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.6%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.4 mg32.8%
Sodium 1704.9 mg71%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.1%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 44 g89%
Vitamin A 58.2% Vitamin C 155.1%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 27%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet