Soba Noodle Salad Recipe
|Soba noodles||14 Ounce (4 bundles)|
|Shredded rotisserie chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs) (skin removed)|
|Bell pepper||2 , thinly sliced (red, yellow, or orange (1-2))|
|Scallion||3 , thinly sliced|
|Spring mix lettuce||3 Cup (48 tbs), packed (2-3)|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (use lemon or vinegar)|
|Peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (or more)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sriracha sauce||2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Minced ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 , mince|
|Zest of lime||2|
1. In a measuring cup, combine lime juice, lime zest, honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, ginger, and garlic. Pop in microwave for 1 minute. Stir to mix. Let it cool to room temperature.
2. In a pot of unsalted boiling water, cook noodles until al dente. Scoop out some of the starchy cooking water, just in case you need it to thin the sauce, and drain. Rinse well in cold water. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine pepper, scallion, noodles, and chicken.
4. Pour the cooled sauce on top and mix well. Taste and adjust with more soy sauce, honey, or lime if needed.
5. Top with the spring mix lettuce.
6. Serve at room temperature or cold.
Calories 593 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.4 mg14.8%
Sodium 1657.9 mg69.1%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 27 g54.9%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 127.7%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 19.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet