|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cut off around 1” of the artichoke tops by cutting straight across with a sharp knife.
2. Cut off stems about 1 inch from base; remove and discard lower outside leaves.
3. With scissors, clip off tips of remaining leaves.
4. If desired, soak the artichokes 20 to 30 minutes in cold salted water, rinse and drain.
5. Set the artichokes right side up in 1-inch boiling water in a saucepot.
6. Add garlic, lemon slice, oil, and salt.
7. Cook covered about 45 minutes, or until stem can be easily pierced with a fork.
8. Drain artichokes and cut off stems at base; spread each artichoke open and pull out center leaves.
9. Using a spoon, remove and discard the "choke" or fuzzy part.
10. (Center opening should hold about 1/3 cup filling.) Proceed as directed in recipe