|Lemon||2 (1 juiced and 1 zest and used for rub)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||3 , chopped finely|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Cold water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Zest 1 lemon and reserve the lemon to rub the artichoke.
2. In a bowl, put the cold water and add in lemon juice.
3. Using a sharp knife cut the top leaves of artichoke about half way down.
4. Trim off the outer lower leaves until you see the white flesh underneath.
5. Cut the bottom part of stalk and using a small knife cut the outer green part.
6. Rub the artichoke with a piece of lemon.
7. Using a spoon scoop and remove the purple choke and cut the artichokes in half or in quarters and put them in lemon water.
8. In a medium pan over medium low heat, heat olive oil and butter.
9. Put in artichokes in hot butter mixture put the lid on and allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
10. Pour in wine, and add in lemon zest, garlic, and salt, toss to mix, cover and allow to cook for another 5-7 minutes.
11. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 245 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.5%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 75.2%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet