Who doesn’t love artichokes… honestly. I know I love them! The problem is, they’re scary looking. How is anyone suppose to get all that delicious artichoke out from those spikey leaves?! Have no fear. I will show you. Now, this really isn’t hard to do you just have to work fast. The artichokes turn brown very quickly after cutting them and even though it doesn’t affect the taste it makes it look ugly. I know that if I’m going to all this trouble to do artichokes at home I’m going to make sure those suckers look beautiful.
2 (1 juiced and 1 zest and used for rub)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
3 , chopped finely
1 Tablespoon, chopped finely
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1. Zest 1 lemon and reserve the lemon to rub the artichoke.
2. In a bowl, put the cold water and add in lemon juice.
3. Using a sharp knife cut the top leaves of artichoke about half way down.
4. Trim off the outer lower leaves until you see the white flesh underneath.
5. Cut the bottom part of stalk and using a small knife cut the outer green part.
6. Rub the artichoke with a piece of lemon.
7. Using a spoon scoop and remove the purple choke and cut the artichokes in half or in quarters and put them in lemon water.
8. In a medium pan over medium low heat, heat olive oil and butter.
9. Put in artichokes in hot butter mixture put the lid on and allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
10. Pour in wine, and add in lemon zest, garlic, and salt, toss to mix, cover and allow to cook for another 5-7 minutes.
11. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.