This artichoke soup is easy to make, very satisfying and nice to serve at dinner parties.
Extra virgin olive oil
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
1 Pinch (Harvest Eating)
8 Large, canned, rinsed
4 Cup (64 tbs) (organic)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (organic)
1) Roughly slice the shallot and garlic cloves.
2) In a heavy pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, shallot and garlic.
3) Sprinkle with seasoning, stir and cook for a few seconds.
4) Add the artichoke hearts, chicken broth and heavy cream. Stir the ingredients, cover and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
5) Puree the soup with a hand held blender. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
6) Ladle the soup into bowls, sprinkle with a little seasoning and serve hot.