1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees F.
2. Using a knife, cut off the base stem, and 1 ½ inch from top of the artichoke. Pull out the tough outermost leaves and the yellow centre. Scrape and take out the fuzzy centre, leaving out the heart.
3. Trim, prickly portion, rub lemon juice on edge and spread leaves apart to create space for filling. Keep it aside.
4. In a large bowl combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix it well.
5. Fill the mixture in the centre, and in the space between leaves of artichokes.
6. In a shallow baking dish, place stuffed artichokes. Drizzle olive oil on top.
7. Fill 1-inch of dish with boiling water, to help artichokes become nice and tender.
8. Take an aluminum foil, grease it with oil so that the stuffing does not stick to it. Cover the dish and seal the edge tight.
9. Place it in oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until artichokes are tender.
10. Remove the foil and broil for 3 minutes, or until the tops of artichokes become golden brown.
11. Serve stuffed artichoke with hot chicken soup.