Most people avoid cooking artichokes owing to its complexity. The Sexy Vegan tells you how to dish out an yummy artichoke snack without any hassle.
1 Bunch (100 gm)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Trim the spines of the artichokes, if required.
2. Next, remove the stem and 1 inch off the top.
3. Rub the top cut-ff part with a lemon.
4. In a pot, add the artichokes and enough water so that they are half submerged.
5. Add 1/2 a lemon juice and the remaining lemmon halves.
6. Add 1 onion, 1/2 a garlic bulb, 1 tablespoon salt & pepper corns and 1/4 cup thyme.
7. Simmer on medium for one hour.
8. When an hour is done, pull a leaf from the bottom of th artichoke and if it comes off easily, your artichoke is done.
9. Remove all leaves of the artichoke.
10. Plate and serve with a dip like Mayo or Tamari or anything of your choice. Also, remember to remove the choke and eat the bottom part.