Artichokes With Butter
|Cold water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
1) Into a large bowl, pour the measured cold water and then stir in half of the lemon juice.
2) Boil a large pan of salted water.
3) Cut the stems off the artichokes and then slice off the top third of each artichoke. Throw away the trimmings.
4) Into the bowl of lemon water, dip the cut leaves in order to prevent discoloration.
5) With the help of scissors, trim away any remaining sharp tips from the leaves, dip in the lemon water and then open them in order to expose the central prickly -€˜choke-€™ that is surrounded by purple leaves. Pull out the purple leaves and then scoop out the hairy choke. Discard it.
6) To the boiling water, add the artichokes and cook for about 20 minutes, till an outer leaf of an artichoke can be pulled out easily.
7) In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the garlic, remaining lemon juice and seasoning to taste. Heat the contents through gently and then take off the heat.
8) In a colander, drain the artichokes well.
9) Into 4 warmed shallow bowls, transfer the artichokes and serve while still hot. A portion of melted butter can be served as an accompaniment to the artichokes.