Artichoke and Watercress Salad
|Canned artichoke hearts||14 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Watercress||2 Bunch (200 gm), separated into sprigs|
|Tomatoes||4 , thinly sliced|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|Sweet paprika||To Taste (For Garnish)|
|For blue cheese dressing:|
|Crumbled blue cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
1) To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl, mash the cheese and then blend in 2 tablespoons of the sour cream very gradually.
2) Beat well till the mixture is smooth and then add the remaining cream, beating well, along with the lemon juice and oil. Season to taste.
3) In the center of 4 individual places, place 1 artichoke heart each and surround with a border of watercress sprigs. Decorate with slices of cucumber and tomato.
4) Cut the remaining artichoke hearts, if any, into pieces and place among the watercress.
5) On the edge of each salad plate, pour a liberal spoonful of blue cheese. Sprinkle paprika over the cheese dressing.
6) Serve the salad right away, while it is still crunchy and fresh. Makes a good appetizer.