|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed or minced|
|Frozen spinach souffle||12 Ounce, Defrosted (1 Packet)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley flakes||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Slice 1-inch off the top and bottom of each artichoke. Trim the sharp ends of the outer leaves. Brush the artichokes with lemon juice.
2) Arrange the artichokes in a 8X8-inch baking dish. Pour in 1/4 cup of water. Wrap the mouth of the dish tightly with plastic wrap.
3) Place in the microwave. Cook for 6 minutes or till the become just tender. Halfway through the cooking time rotate the dish a 1/2 turn. Keep aside.
4) In a small microwavable dish, add in green onion, celery, garlic and butter. Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes till the vegetables become slightly tender. Stir once halfway.
5) Add in the defrosted spinach souffle, breadcrumbs, parsley and pepper flakes. Mix well.
6) Open up the centre of each artichoke to get a sort of cavity within. Scrape out any leaves or flesh from inside.
7) Stuff the artichoke cavities with the spinach souffle mixture.
8) Place the artichokes back in the baking dish. Cover it with plastic wrap once more. Microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time rotate the dish a 1/2 turn.
9) The spinach filling must turn hot and the base tender. The leaves must be easily removable when slightly pulled at.
10) Sprinkle 1/4 the amount of cheese over the hot artichokes. Cover once more.
11) Microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes or till the cheese starts to melt. Halfway through the cooking time rotate the dish a 1/2 turn.
12) Serve the Stuffed Artichokes garnished with a sprinkling of chilly flakes over the cheese.