Marinated Carrots with Artichokes
|Olive oil/May be part salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Cut carrots into slanting slices 1/2-inch-thick.
2. In a large pan heat olive oil. Stir in carrots and cook covered for 8 minutes.
3. Add water, lemon juice and peel, salt, sugar, and pepper.
4. Boil and add artichoke hearts. Cook until for 4 minutes until tender.
5. Lift out vegetables with a slotted spoon and arrange in a bowl.
6. Separate the vegetables and cooking liquid separately. Cool.
7. Pour liquid over vegetables and refrigerate for few hours.
8. Lift vegetables out of the marinade and arrange on serving plate.
9. Spoon some marinade on top.
10. Garnish with lettuce leaves.
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 901 mg37.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 204.5% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet