Marinated Carrots with Artichokes
|Olive oil/May be part salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Cut carrots into slanting slices 1/2-inch-thick.
2. In a large pan heat olive oil. Stir in carrots and cook covered for 8 minutes.
3. Add water, lemon juice and peel, salt, sugar, and pepper.
4. Boil and add artichoke hearts. Cook until for 4 minutes until tender.
5. Lift out vegetables with a slotted spoon and arrange in a bowl.
6. Separate the vegetables and cooking liquid separately. Cool.
7. Pour liquid over vegetables and refrigerate for few hours.
8. Lift vegetables out of the marinade and arrange on serving plate.
9. Spoon some marinade on top.
10. Garnish with lettuce leaves.