Crisp Artichoke Appetizers
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salad oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Wash artichokes and drain.
2. Preheat oven to 375°.
3. In a bowl add egg, water, salt, and pepper. Beat till smooth.
4. Cut the top off half of each artichoke. Trim the stem to 1 inch.
5. Snap the tough outer leaves down to pale green leaves. Trim the base of the leave.
6. Halve artichoke lengthwise and remove choke.
7. Holding the half, carefully slice 1/4-inch cross sections from each.
8. Cut the bottom into half lengthwise.
9. In a 2-quart sauce pan or deep fat fryer heat oil to 375°.
10. Dip artichoke slice into egg mixture.
11. Dredge in bread crumbs.
12. Fry in oil turning once for about 1 minute until golden brown.
13. Drain out with a slotted spoon.
14. Serve hot.
Calories 879 Calories from Fat 802
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.5%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.6%
Trans Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 42.3 mg14.1%
Sodium 361.6 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 28.3%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet