Crisp Artichoke Appetizers
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salad oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Wash artichokes and drain.
2. Preheat oven to 375°.
3. In a bowl add egg, water, salt, and pepper. Beat till smooth.
4. Cut the top off half of each artichoke. Trim the stem to 1 inch.
5. Snap the tough outer leaves down to pale green leaves. Trim the base of the leave.
6. Halve artichoke lengthwise and remove choke.
7. Holding the half, carefully slice 1/4-inch cross sections from each.
8. Cut the bottom into half lengthwise.
9. In a 2-quart sauce pan or deep fat fryer heat oil to 375°.
10. Dip artichoke slice into egg mixture.
11. Dredge in bread crumbs.
12. Fry in oil turning once for about 1 minute until golden brown.
13. Drain out with a slotted spoon.
14. Serve hot.