Stuffed Artichokes Romano
|Fresh bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs) (6 slices)|
|Parsley||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Margarine/Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a medium sized bowl combine parsley, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, green onions, salt and pepper. Toss the mixture slightly to mix.
2. Chop off the stems from the base of artichoke, slice a piece from its top and nip off the spiny leaf tips. Open the leaves very carefully. Scrape out the small yellow leaves from the center and using teaspoon scrape out the fuzzy chokes. Wash the artichokes in cold water.
3. Stuff the mixture into each artichoke, and keep it in deep kettle. Spoon 1tbsp olive oil over each stuffed mixture and fill boiling water in a kettle upto a depth of 2 inches. Boil the water by covering the kettle.
4. Cook for about 40 minutes until the leaf comes out easily from the base, drain well.
5. Serve stuffed artichokes Romano with a melted margarine or butter as a dip.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2047 Calories from Fat 1182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g205.9%
Saturated Fat 26.6 g133.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52 mg17.3%
Sodium 4410.6 mg183.8%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.4%
Dietary Fiber 57.9 g231.8%
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 60 g120.1%
Vitamin A 118.2% Vitamin C 305.5%
Calcium 124.9% Iron 120.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet