Stuffed Artichokes Romano
|Fresh bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs) (6 slices)|
|Parsley||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Margarine/Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a medium sized bowl combine parsley, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, green onions, salt and pepper. Toss the mixture slightly to mix.
2. Chop off the stems from the base of artichoke, slice a piece from its top and nip off the spiny leaf tips. Open the leaves very carefully. Scrape out the small yellow leaves from the center and using teaspoon scrape out the fuzzy chokes. Wash the artichokes in cold water.
3. Stuff the mixture into each artichoke, and keep it in deep kettle. Spoon 1tbsp olive oil over each stuffed mixture and fill boiling water in a kettle upto a depth of 2 inches. Boil the water by covering the kettle.
4. Cook for about 40 minutes until the leaf comes out easily from the base, drain well.
5. Serve stuffed artichokes Romano with a melted margarine or butter as a dip.