Lumache with Artichokes
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, roughly chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Dried basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Pinch|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned italian peeled tomatoes||6 1⁄2 Cup (104 tbs), drained, juice kept aside|
|Lumache/Pipe rigate/ any other multi surfaced shape||1 3⁄4 Pound|
|Canned artichoke hearts||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), drained, juice kept aside|
|Grated pecorino cheese||3 Tablespoon|
1. Saute garlic, onion, basil, chili, oregano, and parsley for 5 minutes.
2. Simmer roughly chopped in a pot along with salt, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until tomatoes are reduced to a very thick mixture. Mix in artichoke and tomato juices and simmer for 15 more minutes.
3. Add lumache to boiling salted water and cook until al dente. Drain and keep aside.
4. Add artichoke, cut into 6 pieces, to the tomato sauces along with pecorino, and stir well.
5. Add drained pasta to sauce and stir well.
6. Divide Lumache with Artichokes equally among 4 plates and serve garnished with grated Parmesan cheese.
Calories 1088 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4 mg1.3%
Sodium 852 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 192 g64.1%
Dietary Fiber 22.1 g88.4%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 36 g72.7%
Vitamin A 80.2% Vitamin C 108.6%
Calcium 36.1% Iron 50.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet