|Jerusalem artichokes||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cheese curd||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
1. Scrub the artichokes thoroughly and trim.
2. Cook in boiling salted water for approximately 5-10 minutes until just tender but not broken up. Cool slightly and remove skins.
3. Liquidise the artichokes with the lemon juice, curd cheese and 2 tablespoons of the double cream.
4. Add the nutmeg and mustard to the artichokes and season lightly with the salt.
5. Whip the remaining cream and fold in, then chill thoroughly.
6. Serve in individual dishes, sprinkled lightly with grated nutmeg.
7. Hot buttered toast or slices of pumpernickel should be served with this cream.