Basic Braised Artichoke Hearts Or Bottoms
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Artichoke hearts||8 Medium|
|Chicken consomme/Use water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take an enameled saucepan preferably and in it , combine butter, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and heat the mixture.
2) Now add the artichoke bottoms.
3) Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for about 10 to 15 minutes or until just cooked through.
4) Toss the pan many a times at intervals to prevent artichokes from sticking to each other.
5) If needed, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of consomme at a time to keep the pan moist.
6) Serve hot.