Ragout Of Artichoke Hearts
|Artichoke hearts||8 Medium|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Small, peeled|
|Parsley||4 Tablespoon, minced|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Capers/Use black olives - 1/2 cup , pitted, chopped||2 Tablespoon, drained|
1) Make quarters of artichoke hearts by cutting them.
2) In a deep frying pan, heat together butter and the olive oil.
3) Cook the onion and the garlic, mixing all the while, until the onion is tender and translucent.
4) Now add the artichoke quarters.
5) Cook over simmering heat, mixing carefully many a times at intervals for about 7 to 10 minutes or until they are cooked half way.
6) Add the tomatoes and the parsley.
7) Add required salt and pepper.
8) Reduce to a simmer and cook covered with lid for 10 more minutes or until just cooked through.
9) At last in the capers or the olives, mix well.
10) Serve hot.