Slow Cooked Artichokes
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/4 Tsp Per Artichoke)|
|Vinegar/Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. To prepare the artichokes for cooking, wash them thoroughly
2. trim off tips and leaves.
3. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot arrange the artichokes in an upright position.
4. Combine water, vinegar and salt and pout over the artichokes.
5. Sprinkle with salt after every layer.
6. Cover the pot with its lid.
7. Slow cook the artichokes on HIGH for about 4 hours or if you are not in a hurry and want to serve them for dinner, cook on LOW for about 8 hours.
8. Drain the bouillon into a bowl and reserve it for another purpose.
9. Arrange in a serving dish.
10. Serve warm as a side dish topped with melted butter and lemon juice or coat with hollandaise or cheese sauce if you like.