|Jerusalem artichokes||675 Gram|
|All purpose flour||30 Milliliter|
|Chicken broth||250 Milliliter|
|Half and half cream||125 Milliliter|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||60 Milliliter|
|Grated medium cheddar cheese||250 Milliliter|
|Dry bread crumbs||60 Milliliter|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) before baking.
2) Skin the artichokes and slice them into thick pieces.
3) Allow artichokes to be steamed for 15 minutes.
4) In the meantime, in a sauce pan, melt butter and add in flour.
5) Cook the mixture for 2 minutes over low heat to make a roux.
6) Pour in chicken broth and cream and minimize heat to simmer until the sauce thickens.
7) Add in Parmesan cheese and again simmer the sauce for 2 more minutes.
8) In a greased casserole dish, arrange alternate layers of artichokes and sauce, completing with a layer of sauce.
9) Add in cheddar cheese and bread crumbs and bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven.
10) Serve hot.