Beaten Loin Of Pork With Artichoke And Courgettes Braised With Thyme And Lemon Zest
|For artichoke and courgette|
|Artichokes||12 Small (Violet One)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), chopped (1 Small Bunch)|
|Dried chilies||4 Small, crumbled|
|For the pork|
|Pork loin||24 Ounce (4 In Number, 6 Ounce Or 175 Grams Each)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon (Of 1 Lemon)|
|Fresh thyme||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), leaves picked and chopped (1 Small Bunch)|
|Micro cress||6 Ounce (For Serving, 1 Punnet)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon (For Drizzling)|
1. Peel off artichoke leaves to showcase heart. Take a small sharp knife and trim off the outer heart portion to view pale green, tender flesh. Slice off the heart top so that choke shows up.
2. Using a teaspoon, discard the choke by scooping it out. Using a knife, discard outer hard layer and cut off the stem, leaving 2 cm behind.
3. Halve the artichokes lengthwise first and then once again halve each of the halved portion, lengthways, to obtain 4 wedges.
4. Cut cleaned courgettes into the same size of artichokes.
5. Take a frying pan, heat olive oil, add artichoke wedges and cook for 2 to 3 min.
6. Add cut courgettes when artichokes just start cooking.
7. Stir in lemon zest, garlic, chilies, chopped thyme, more olive oil and sprinkle of water.
8. Season to taste and keep aside, retaining the warmth.
9. Slice trimmer pork loins into pieces, arrange in between 2 cling film pieces and beat to thinness of paper.
9. Arrange the pieces on plate, add chopped thyme, lemon zest, black pepper and salt to taste.
10. Add to a heated griddle pan and sear, immediately, on either sides till well cooked.
11. Arrange courgettes and artichokes on individual serving plates alongside pork slices.
12. Add snipped micro cress and allow olive oil to drizzle over the dish in generous amount.
13. Serve instantly.