Artichokes with Sauce Vinaigrette (Globe)
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Wash the artichokes.
2) Cut off the stalk and some of the tough outer leaves.
3) Cut off the tips of the leaves and remove the choke.
4) In a saucepan, add the seasoning, lemon juice, and herbs.
5) Add in 11/2 pints water and simmer for 15 minutes.
6) Add in the artichokes and simmer for 30 minutes, till tender.
7) Check if a leaf easily comes off.
8) Make a sauce with a little of the stock.
9) Serve artichokes with the sauce.
10) Leaves are pulled off and dipped in the sauce. The 'fond' or bottom, is eaten with a knife and fork.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 70 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.25 g0.38%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 532.7 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.5%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 30.2%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet