Artichokes With Sauce Vinaigrette (Globe)
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Wash the artichokes.
2) Cut off the stalk and some of the tough outer leaves.
3) Cut off the tips of the leaves and remove the choke.
4) In a saucepan, add the seasoning, lemon juice, and herbs.
5) Add in 11/2 pints water and simmer for 15 minutes.
6) Add in the artichokes and simmer for 30 minutes, till tender.
7) Check if a leaf easily comes off.
8) Make a sauce with a little of the stock.
9) Serve artichokes with the sauce.
10) Leaves are pulled off and dipped in the sauce. The 'fond' or bottom, is eaten with a knife and fork.