Roman Artichokes Stuffed With Anchovies
|Globe artichokes||4 Large, prepared for cooking|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Anchovy fillets||4 , chopped fine|
|Minced parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Take the artichokes and remove chokes from them.
2) Make a mixture of bread crumbs, anchovies, parsley, pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil and pour it into centers of artichokes.
3) Take a large kettle and place the remaining oil and water in it.
4) Stand the artichokes with stem end down in the liquid. Add or remove the liquid from the pot so that it half covers the artichokes.
5) Simmer covered for 35-45 minutes until a leaf pulls off easily.
6) Serve hot with Drawn Butter Sauce or Lemon Butter as a first course or vegetable.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1357 Calories from Fat 988
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g171.7%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.7 mg4.2%
Sodium 1747.5 mg72.8%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 36.6 g146.2%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 27 g54%
Vitamin A 52.2% Vitamin C 192.9%
Calcium 41.8% Iron 64.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet