CREAMED JERUSALEM ARTICHOKES
|Jerusalem artichokes||1 Pound|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheese||4 Ounce, grated|
1. Grease a oven dish with butter.
2. Wash artichokes.
3. In a broiler or steamer, steam artichokes for 10 minutes in little salted water.
4. Rub surface of artichokes to remove skin; cut into slices.
5. In a pan, sauté sliced onion until glazed.
6. In a greased oven dish, place steamed artichokes and top with sautéed onions.
7. Cover top with a layer of grated cheese and then a layer of breadcrumbs.
8. Dot with butter and grill for 15-20 minutes until well grilled.
9. Serve creamed Jerusalem artichokes with French fries.