|Coarse soft bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic clove||1⁄2 Small, minced|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Wash artichokes under running water; snip off prickly leaf tips with scissors; trim stems, leaving about a 1/2 inch stub.
2. Drop artichokes into kettle of boiling salted water; add the lemon slices; cook, covered, for about 40 minutes, or until tender; drain.
3. While artichokes cook, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, cheese, onion, garlic and salt.
4. Slice cooked artichokes in half lengthwise; cut out choke (fuzzy part at stem end); fill each cavity with stuffing; drizzle oil over each.
5. Place the artichokes on broiler pan; broil about 4 inches from heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until stuffing is golden.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 845 Calories from Fat 566
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.6%
Saturated Fat 13 g64.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg8.8%
Sodium 1387.9 mg57.8%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 18.2 g72.8%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 24 g48%
Vitamin A 54.1% Vitamin C 150.5%
Calcium 55.2% Iron 39.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet