|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter stick||8 Tablespoon|
|Marinated artichokes||12 Ounce, drained (Two 6 Ounce Jars)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, quartered|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ham||4 Ounce, cut into 1/2 inch dice|
|Fontina cheese/Gruyere cheese||8 Ounce, grated (Italian)|
1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour and salt. Rub butter into flour with fingers until it resembles fine cornmeal. Make a well in center.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg and water together with a fork to blend. Pour mixture into well and incorporate flour into liquid ingredients until a soft dough is formed.
3. Flour a work surface and turn dough onto it. Knead dough until it holds its form. Divide dough in half. Place each piece of dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten each into a 6-inch disk, wrap tightly, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut artichokes into quarters; set aside. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Stir in artichokes. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, beat eggs and cream with salt and pepper. Stir in ham, cheese, mushrooms, and artichokes.
6. Remove 1 disk of pastry from refrigerator. Roll out between 2 sheets of plastic wrap into an 11-inch round. Fit pastry into a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press pastry against sides and trim off any excess. Roll out remaining pastry to an 11-inch round. Remove top plastic wrap and cut pastry into 1-inch strips.
7. Pour filling into prepared tart shell. Arrange pastry strips in a lattice pattern on top; trim off any excess. Bake torta 45 to 50 minutes, or until pastry is lightly browned and egg mixture is cooked through and firm to touch.