Apricot or Peach Jam
|Fresh peaches/Fresh apricots||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Caster sugar||2 Pound|
|Liquid pectin||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Powdered citric acid||1 Teaspoon|
1. Remove skin form peaches or apricots and take out their stones.
2. In a bowl, mash fruit and add acid and sugar and stir well.
3. Keep it aside for 20 minutes and stir it occasionally, and stir in pectin for 3 minutes.
4. Spoon the mixture into rigid plastic container or small waxed containers and cover tightly and seal.
5. Keep the jam aside for about a day or two until jellied before freezing.
6. Spread the apricot jam over bread before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3972 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.6%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.1 mg0%
Total Carbohydrates 977 g325.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.8%
Sugars 964.3 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 44.4% Vitamin C 74.8%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet