|Potatoes||8 Ounce, peeled (250 Gram)|
|Bacon pieces||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Apricot halves||8 (1 Medium Can)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Fat||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Apricot juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (From Can)|
|Walnuts||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
1) Finely chop or mince the bacon.
2) Grate the potato coarsley and drain off all the excess moisture.
3) Mix together quickly the bacon, onion, flour, potatoes, sage and egg and seasoning to taste.
4) Drop dessertspoonfuls (10 ml spoons) of the mixture into deep fat and cook until golden brown.
5) Drain the mixture and place on a serving dish, topped with an apricot half.
6) Sauce can be prepared by taking the juice from the can of apricots thickened with a little arrowroot, then add 1 oz (25 g) chopped walnuts.
7) Pour the sauce over apricot drops and serve.