|Minced dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced candied ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon, softened|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||8 Ounce|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pecans, apricots, ginger, flour and orange rind. Set aside.
3) In a heavy saucepan, heat the butter, honey, sugar, cream and rum. Keep stirring occasionally and cook till the sugar has dissolved.
4) Take the mixture off the heat.
5) In a mixing bowl, combine the mixture with the dry ingredients.
6) On a greased baking sheet, drop the mixture by teaspoonfuls and flatten with the back of a spoon and form into very thin circles.
7) Bake in the preheated oven till the cookies are light brown.
8) Take the cookies off the baking sheet right away and cool them.
9) In top of double boiler set over hot water, melt the chocolate. The water should not be boiling.
10) With melted chocolate, spread the cookies and set aside till hard.
11) Place the cookies on a decorative serving plate and serve as a dessert, tea/coffee accompaniment or a snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3758 Calories from Fat 1775
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 206 g317.6%
Saturated Fat 77.7 g388.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 236.4 mg78.8%
Sodium 622.1 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 458 g152.8%
Dietary Fiber 19.2 g76.7%
Sugars 277.8 g
Protein 33 g65.7%
Vitamin A 104.2% Vitamin C 14.7%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 59%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet