Apricot Almond Slices
|Shortcrust pastry dough||1 (basic, Made with 1/2 pound flour)|
|Apricot jam||4 Tablespoon|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Ground almonds||4 Ounce|
|Almond essence||3 Drop (A few)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) On a floured surface, roll out the dough. Cut out an oblong about 12x8-inches in size.
3) Place the dough oblong on a Swiss roll tin. Reserve the trimmings.
4) Warm the jam and spread it all over the dough evenly.
5) In a bowl, put the sugar and butter. Beat well till the mixture is light and fluffy.
6) Beat in the eggs, a little bit at a time.
7) Fold in all the remaining ingredients. Mix well and spread the mixture over the jam.
8) Roll out the reserved dough trimmings and cut them into thin strips that are long enough to criss-cross over the dough.
9) With water, moisten the strips-' ends and arrange them over the dough in a criss-cross manner. Press the ends together firmly to seal.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
11) Cut the pastry into 16 slices while it is still warm and let the slices cool on a wire rack.
12) If you wish to freeze the slices, flash freeze till firm, pack in a rigid container (separate each layer with foil), seal, label and freeze.
13) To serve without freezing, arrange the slices on a decorative serving platter and serve at room temperature. If using frozen slices, first thaw them at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours and them serve.